St John's Methodist Church is committed to safeguarding as an integral part of
its life and ministry. Safeguarding is about the action the Church takes to
promote a safer culture.
This means we will:
St John's Methodist Church affirms that safeguarding is a shared responsibility.
Everyone associated with St John's Methodist Church who has contact with
children, young people and adults at risk of harm has a role to play.
- Promote the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk of
- Work to prevent abuse from occurring;
- Seek to protect and respond well to those that have been abused;
- Take care to identify where a person may pose a risk to others and offer
support to them whilst taking steps to mitigate such risk.
We will therefore:
To ensure effective implementation of this policy, St John's Methodist Church
- Promote a safer environment and culture;
- Safely recruit and support all those with any responsibility related to
children and adults at risk of harm within the church;
- Respond promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation;
- Care pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected
- Respond to those who may pose a safeguarding risk to other people;
- Care for those who are subject to concerns or allegations.
For further or more detailed information see the Safeguarding notice board in
St John's foyer. The content of the notice board is based on the District
Safeguarding policy documentation.
- Ensure that all office holders have access to a copy of this policy;
- Promote and publicise this policy; display copies of this policy
statement on noticeboards as appropriate;
- Communicate the Church's safeguarding message as reflected in the
- Assess how well the policy is being implemented;
- Check for updates before reviewing this policy;
- Undertake an annual review of the policy.
More information can also be found on the
Methodist Church Safeguarding website.